My Mantra

"Opportunities are only limited by the constraints imposed by oneself." Copyright 2003 - 2017

Friday, August 8, 2008

Review of Dr. Rheingold's Social Media Video

Dr. Rheingold's Social Media Video located at the following URL
http://vlog.rheingold.com/index.php/site/video/social-media-classroom-why-use-forums/
is a further extension of original text based platforms of UUNET, BBS, and NetNews which were the forefront of the Blog that added images and static videos to the collaboration forums. Now the Social Media Video will insert the responder’s video as a thread to the original video. The dilemma I foresee with this medium is the lack of being anonymous and unidentified with a video response but the platform still offers the text based response as well. I do perceive that this video medium will be employed by business to capture important visual responses to ensure legal liability.

1 comment:

Lyr Lobo said...

Anonymity on blogs sounds great until you want to authenticate the information and trust the source.

Evaluating student work on blogs is not trivial, and I've grown a lot wiser this term. *grins*

I did some videos for four graduate classes and instead of featuring my face on the video, my hands demonstrated a variety of VR gear and features. I felt like Thing from the Adams Family - the helpful hand. *chuckles*

It was amusing to watch, informative, and I did not get worry about the odd expressions that flit across my face when I am absorbed by a riveting subject. *grins*